Share knowledge of your city and earn INR2500!
Since the inception of India Heritage Walks, more than 1500 heritage experiences have been conducted with a resource network of over 200 active walk leaders on varied themes focussing on architectural aspects, cultural sites, bazaars and neighbourhoods, natural heritage, museums and areas exploring cuisines and authentic foods. Many of these heritage trails have the potential to be converted into digital walks making it accessible to people via digital platform, despite location and time restrictions.
“Submit a heritage trail” is an opportunity for you to submit some of the best and unique heritage trails in your city. With this, showcase diverse heritage and cultural aspects of your locality, ensuring wider reach and audience to sites with varied backgrounds, history and themes.
Why heritage trails?
- The best trails will be selected, shared and uploaded on the India Heritage Walks website to be accessed by anyone who is missing out on the outdoor experiences.
- They will get consolidated and authentic information of a particular walk route and this will also draw attention to the neglected aspects of our heritage and culture
What’s in it for you?
- In this collaborative initiative, the credibility of your work will be appreciated and promoted with a larger audience.
- You will be given full credits for the trail submitted. Your work and walks will be promoted on various platforms as you will be tagged for the posts, which also enhance your overall presence as a contributor.
- A remuneration of INR 2500 per trail will be provided after selection and editing.
- Some of the best walks will be featured in IHWF in the coming years. Selection and Judging will be done by a jury.
What do you have to submit?
- Personal details
- Text, Images for introductions
- Text, images, google map locations of minimum 5 spots of the trail
- Text for conclusion
- The payments will be made to only selected entries, after the information has been vetted by the editor.
- Authentic information and research (plagiarism will not be accepted) and high resolution pictures.
- Sentence formation, wordiness and flow of the text should be given attention.
- Catchy title and 200 to 300 words each spot in the trail. Avoid controversial views and facts.
- Unique facts and information which should be clear and written well.
- The jury will be composed of Sahapedia team members. The decision of the jury is final and no queries on why a submission is not selected will not be entertained.
Incomplete or illegible entries will be deemed invalid. Multiple entries permitted, subject to each entry must be submitted separately and in accordance with entry requirements. Further, the decision of the jury is final and no queries on why a submission is not selected will not be entertained.