To achieve a deeper understanding of our material, cultural and built heritage of their cities and towns among the people
India Heritage Walks (IHW) is an initiative by Sahapedia that hosts immersive and diverse experiences that bring people closer to their local heritage and culture. Through this effort, we seek to build an ecosystem wherein people in metros, tier-2 and tier-3 cities, get an opportunity to learn, appreciate and engage with India's unique heritage and culture. Our aim is to make our heritage engagement programs, through walks, talks, workshops, Instameets, webinars and virtual a/v tours, more holistic and inclusive. Users can also enjoy regular updates on the IHW Blog.
India Heritage Walks received PATA Grand Award 2019 in the 'Heritage and Culture' category and won Travel & Tourism Awards 2019 organized by FICCI in the category -Special Contribution to Travel and Tourism Industry. In addition, the Anubhuti program also won the Best Heritage and Cultural Walk award by FICCI.
- Largest network – Currently engaging in 70+ cities, IHW constantly seeks out heritage enthusiasts in new cities and towns
- Collaborative Approach – IHW seeks local partners and collaborator for various facets of each programme, thereby strengthening its ecosystem.
- Diverse – Working across 10 themes, IHW maintains access to all aspects of culture and heritage
- Inclusive – With special focus on sensitisation and accessibility, IHW’s programmes work for children, women, and Persons with Disabilities
- Sustainable Approach – By taking initiatives in capacity building, IHW creates a cycle of learning, upskilling, opportunities and overall development.